|JOB TITLE:||Tenant Engagement Officer|
|RESPONSIBLE TO:||Manager of Housing and Community|
This is an exciting role within Fold Housing, we have recently approved our tenant lead Tenant Engagement Strategy. The post holder will be responsible for the implementation of this strategy and all its associated actions to help further improve our tenant and community activities.
The Tenant Engagement Officer will be the first point of contact in driving our engagement strategy alongside our Tenant Forum and Housing Officers.
This strategy affirms our commitment to involving and empowering tenants in shaping their communities by improving the services that will deliver positive outcomes for our tenants.
The post holder, as part of their role in implementing our engagement strategy, will be involved in developing activities/programs with both tenants and Staff input. Flexibility will be required to attend meetings and functions outside 9-5 working hours and travel with in all our schemes will be required.
Strong attention to detail and a willingness to adapt to changing conditions and pressures will be required for this position. The post holder requires excellent planning, administration and organisation skills.
- To contribute to and lead on the delivery of tenant engagement and communication strategy for the association.
- To develop new and innovative ways of engaging with tenants and enabling the opportunity for effective feedback, using the learnings from Tenants surveys.
- To work with residents and residents’ groups in order that the needs and aspirations of tenants can feed into service design.
- To work collaboratively with Fold Housing staff, partners, and stakeholders to build community-based relationships and to develop and improve the services provided to tenants.
- To provide data and reports where required to support tenant influencing and engagement at a strategic and governance level.
- To assist in the preparation of tenders/proposals (including costings).
- Develop and deliver Mystery Shopping, Customer Journey Mapping and Tenant Led scheme Inspection exercises, including the provision of reports and recommendations.
- Actively research new and innovative approaches on tenant involvement
- To develop and maintain an engaging portal on the fold website regarding tenant engagement.
- Coordinate an annual programme of tenant meetings and “how to do it” sessions for Tenant Participation Practitioners Network (PPN).
- Liaise with Finance to monitor the Tenant Engagement Budget and to process invoices and to monitor payments.
- Represent Fold Housing at conferences, meetings, network events in relation to Housing Associations and Tenant Engagement.
- To be familiar with the requirements of the Regulator for Social Housing regarding Tenant Involvement.
- To promote tenant engagement and involvement in partnership with other Fold Housing staff so that tenant needs and aspirations are fed into the Associations service standards and improvements.
- To co-operate in community development through liaison with the statutory, voluntary and community sector, and to actively promote engagement with our tenants and the local community.
- Contribute to the creation of homes and neighbourhoods where tenants can live independent and fulfilling lives.
- Deliver presentations on behalf of Fold Housing relating to Tenant Engagement.
- Provide input into the Strategic and Operational Business plans on Tenant Engagement.
- Provide support and facilitation to other departments as required.
- Provide detailed reports on tenant engagement to line Manager, Committees and other bodies as appropriate.
Communication and Marketing
- Liaise with the Management and agree information suitable for social media (Twitter / Facebook).
- Contribute to internal and external publications when required e.g. Tenant newsletter
- To ensure tenants are provided with relevant, quality information using a range of sources and methods, utilising social media and other technology to improve the digital offer.
- To assist in the set up and support of residents’ groups and other forms of involvement that will promote social and community engagement.
- Facilitate consultation with tenants ensuring a range of engagement options are used to maximise tenant participation.
- To act as a “champion” for tenants’ interests in dealings with other agencies, staff, and stakeholders.
- Provide statistical data, information and testimonials for Fold Housings annual report.
- Assist in the preparation of notifications and newsletters to tenants.
- To provide front line staff with learning opportunities on tenant engagement.
- To collaborate and help with the establishment of a tenants’ forum.
- To empower the organisation and become the best AHB for engagement highlighting activities at an annual information day.
- Maintain an accurate up to date and detailed record of work in a format which will not only facilitate supervision but will be an aid to continual evaluation and monitoring.
- To attend regular meetings within the Housing department.
- Undertake training as and when required.
- To investigate sources of funding that can be applied to tenant involvement and partnership opportunities and to make grant applications as appropriate.
- Implement a range of tenant engagement activities and projects; within designated timeframes and budget; including tenant satisfaction surveys and the tenant annual report.
- To involve tenants in setting service standards and improving services, being aware that Fold Housing is aiming to be a top quartile performer.
- To drive continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery, working with other departments and being aware of best practice throughout the housing and other sectors.
- To contribute effectively to departmental and Fold Ireland’s business plans and corporate plans and projects, where necessary.
- To keep abreast of changes within Fold Housing and keep updated in terms of funding opportunities available to Approved Housing Bodies.
- Linking in with tenants on return from hospital to ensure they have the appropriate services in place to enable them to live independently.
- Carry out all duties observing Fold Housing’s policies and procedures on health and safety.
All Fold Housing employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status, race, sexual orientation, age or disability.
This job description may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of Fold Housing activities following consultation with the job holder.
Fold Housing is and equal opportunities employer
|1.0||SKILLS and ABILITIES||Essential||Desirable|
|1.1||3rd level qualification in a relevant field such as Community Development or Housing Studies||E|
|1.2||Computer literate with ability to confidently use various computer applications||E|
|1.3||Knowledge of statutory bodies and available funding sources||E|
|1.4||Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate to a range of audiences.||E|
|1.5||Ability to self motivate and to work independently or work as a part of a team||E|
|1.6||Good influencing skills and ability to achieve results||E|
|1.7||Strong administrative and organisational skills and ability to coordinate activities.||E|
|1.9||Excellent organisational skill with the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines||E|
|2.1||A minimum of two year experience working in Community Development/Social Housing||E|
|2.2||Experience working in a customer oriented field||E|
|2.3||Experience in Housing Management tasks such as allocations, rents etc||D|
|2.4||Knowledge of social housing in Ireland||E|
|3.1||Common sense approach to all tasks.||E|
|3.2||Emphasis to resolving problems proactively.||E|
|3.3||Professional and confident manner.||E|
|3.5||Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.||E|
- Closing Date: 12/12/2022 9:00 am
- Directorate: Housing
- Location: Block A, The Crescent Building, Northwood Office Campus, Santry, Dublin 9 (with frequent travel to Fold Housing sites)
- Reference: TEO.FH.1122
- Hours: 37 per week