You will liaise with internal and external parties to ensure the smooth and safe running of Fold’s Head Office building and front-of-house operations. The Reception/Facilities Assistant will also provide office and administrative support to internal customers.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic person and excellent communicator who will work flexibly and collaboratively with colleagues. You will be responsible for a high standard of service to internal colleagues and external visitors to Fold’s national office.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as the first point of contact for visitors to Head Office, greeting them in a positive, professional, and friendly manner.
- Responding to and redirecting incoming visitors.
- Maintain a clean and organised common areas.
- Ensure that the facilities and meeting spaces are maintained to a high standard and prepared for scheduled meetings.
- Supporting staff to prepare rooms for meetings and training events, liaising with colleagues and partner organisations (e.g., catering providers, trainers) to ensure meetings run smoothly.
- Dealing with daily enquiries via post, phone, email, courier deliveries and directing queries to relevant colleagues or departments.
- Providing general administration support, such as paperwork, data entry, scanning, photocopying and printing.
- Managing and organising relevant filing and record systems.
- Taking accurate minutes at meetings, typing up and distributing to colleagues.
- Completing all administrative processes and procedures in adherence to company standards and policy.
- Managing agendas, travel and accommodation arrangements for staff attendance at external conferences and meetings.
- Ad Hoc administration duties and supporting members of staff with workload and tasks as requested.
- Ensure office, printer, cleaning and catering consumables are maintained at an appropriate level.
- Coordinate office projects to ensure that the space is maintained to a high standard and the necessary infrastructure is in place, e.g. furniture, IT equipment etc.
- Liaise directly with our third-party IT provider and other external contractors and be responsible for the operation and maintenance of office equipment and services.
- Carry out all duties observing Fold’s policies and procedures on health and safety.
- Promote the vision, mission and values of Fold Housing.
All Fold Housing employees are expected to promote and support a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status, or disability.
This job description is not exhaustive and, following consultation with the job holder, may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of Fold’s activities.
Fold Housing operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’.
|Educated to a minimum of Leaving Certificate or equivalent
|ECDL level II or equivalent
|Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an office environment
|Proficiency in MS Office
SKILLS & ABILITIES
|Good oral and written communication skills
|Good organisational and administration skills
|High level of accuracy and attention to detail
|Excellent time management skills
|Ability to work with others/in a team
|Use of initiative
|Common sense approach to all tasks
|Interested in helping others
|Pleasant and courteous
|Confident approach to work
|Capable of dealing with information of a confidential nature
|Willingness to commit and work within Fold’s culture
|An understanding of Social and Voluntary Organisations
- Closing Date: 22/02/2024 5:00 pm
- Location: Dublin 9
- Reference: FA.HO.0224
- Hours: 20