- The job holder is required to work as part of an established team and to assist the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers in the effective co-ordination, implementation and management of development project from inception to handover and final closure.
- The Development Team act with the highest levels of agency and accountability and operate within a defined performance culture. This performance culture is characterised by open honest communication within the Team environment, a clear heirarcy and clarity of direction.
- The nature of the work is such that decisions are often required, that direct supervision operates at a minimum level and the post holder should be able to work independently, discreetly, show initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the administration section and provide administrative and secretarial services to the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers to contribute to the overall running of the function.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Director of Development and Development Manager in the preparation management and coordination of financial analysis, project viability and funding applications.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers in all aspects of the development finance function including the completion of applications to banks and other lenders for grants (SEAI etc) funding, (CAS CALF CREL).
- Coordinate with the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers to effectively liaise with the Department of Housing, Housing Agency, HFA , Local Authorities and other stakeholders regarding payments/project stages and responding to RFI’s and statutory returns including providing supporting information and statistics for audit/information to Department of Housing, Housing Agency, HFA , Local Authorities and other stakeholders.
- To maintain detailed spreadsheets, models, business cases, narrative reports for all project/programme disbursements, receipts, payments, loans, income and expenditure, budgeting, services charges etc.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers in the management of risk including the curation and maintenance of project/programme specific risk registers and reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Development Director, Development Manager and Development Officers in the management of projects including curation and maintenance of accurate project/programme databases, project milestone trackers and KPIs, property data sets, and regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Provide confidential secretarial services and administration services to the Director of Development, Development Manager, Sub-Committees and Board of FOLD Housing including attendance at meetings, provision of minutes, servicing of meeting requirements etc. Including attendance at events, meetings, workshops and consultations that may occur outside normal office hours.
- Update information on relevant databases including: local and national government agencies, representative bodies, lending institutions, insurance providers, and other technical and housing specific service providers.
- Coordinate with the Development Manager and Development Officers to maintain the monthly defects reports and collate and identify any ongoing issues.
- Coordinate with the Development Manager and Development Officers to produce reports, statistical information, progress charts, spreadsheets, trends, information packs and other materials as required from time to time.
- Coordinate with the Development Manager and Development Officers to create, maintain, and update databases, filing systems, hard and soft copy, records, electronic data and other data stored through other media as required. Continually monitor and audit the internal filing systems and develop and maintain a directory of template documents including a comprehensive version control process
- Coordinate with the Development Manager and Development Officers to manage the coding and signing of all invoices and certificates for Directorate, maintaining paperwork in relation to same
- Manage the relationship between the Development Team and internal and external Stakeholders
- Manage and report on all funding applications and ensure all related queries are managed in a professional and timely manner
- Acknowledge and manage correspondence, visitors, telephone calls and email monitoring and response for the Director.
- Effectively communicate across the Directorate and wider organisation, whilst maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with relevant external bodies as directed.
- Communicate and build good working relationships with other directorates.
- Undertake activities, where appropriate, representing the Association and Directorate in a respectful and mutually supportive manner to external groups or the general public.
- Undertake other delegated duties appropriate to the scope and function of the grade of post including cover duties during periods of absence e.g. sickness, annual leave.
- Collaborate with the Development Manager and Development Officers to ensure all procurement procedures are fully implemented when purchasing goods and services.
- Collaborate with the Development Manager and Development Officers in procurement exercises to include completing Project Procurement Plans, Pre-Qualification and Tender Assessments and evaluation panels as and when required.
- This post has a mobility clause in that the post holder must be prepared to work from any Office and/or Project specific work site, as directed.
- This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of the Association’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
- Essential Criteria (demonstrate on application form)
- A minimum of 3 year’s (in the last 6 years) relevant experience in an office environment supporting a busy team and dealing with a high volume of customer enquiries
- Strong financial process knowledge with attention to detail and meticulous record keeping.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an environment regulated by set working policies and procedures working with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent level of IT literacy with demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office, to include word processing experience and experience in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of confidentiality, diary management and taking minutes with common sense approach and can-do attitude to all tasks
- Additional advancements
- Be well organised with experience working to deadlines.
- An interest in operational processes and process improvement.
- Team-player happy to roll sleeves up and help with whatever it is that needs to be done.
- Exposure to or interest in project management and popular PM methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with common sense and can-do attitude approach to all tasks.
- Leadership skills, confident, self-motivated and ability to use initiative.
- Knowledge and experience of the project lifecycle.
All FOLD Housing employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status, or disability.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of the Association’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
FOLD Housing operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Garda Vetting form (NV1). Having a criminal conviction will not necessarily debar an applicant from working with Fold Housing . Disclosure information will be handled in line with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Acts 2012-2016.
Job Specification – Development Criteria – Criteria Table
|Skills & Abilities|
|Able to meet targets and manage time||P|
|Access to a car or ability to undertake the mobility requirements of this post||P|
|Good Project Management Skills||P|
|Ability to work as part of a team||P|
|Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work||P|
|Ability to prepare feasibility reports||P|
|Understanding of drawings and contract documentation||P|
|Ability to prepare and maintain a risk register||P|
|Able to show initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and able to work independently when required||P|
Experience and Education
|Minimum of QQI Level 7 in a related discipline
A minimum of 3 year’s (in the last 6 years) relevant experience in a business environment supporting a busy team and dealing with a high volume of interactions and enquiries
|IPA Certificate or Professional Diploma in Housing Studies or equivalent||P|
|Minimum 2 years experience within a projectised environment with strong understanding of the project lifecycle||P|
|Previous experience within the Housing sector||P|
|Working knowledge of EU Procurement/OGP Guidance/CWMF||P|
|Working knowledge of preparation of cash flows and economic appraisals||P|
|Working knowledge of financial monitoring and reporting||P|
|Demonstrable knowledge of the building/development process||P|
|Knowledge of framework contracts||P|
- Closing Date: 20/02/2023 5:00 pm
- Directorate: Development
- Location: Block A, The Crescent Building, Northwood Office Campus, Santry, Dublin 9
- Reference: DC.FH.0123
- Hours: 37 per week
- Salary: €35,218-€40,842