Summary of Duties
- To read and received reports from the day staff and prepare for day staff a concise and accurate report of the night period.
- To assist residents who need help throughout the night. This includes help with bathing, dressing, undressing, toileting, eating and taking medication.
- To carry out regular checks throughout the night to those residents identified as benefiting from those arrangements.
- To answer emergency calls, carrying out such action as is required, and where necessary, seeking assistance and guidance from the senior member of staff on duty.
- To undertake domestic duties as directed by the Scheme Manager.
- To be familiar with the care practices and policies of the scheme ensuring that work during the night period is consistent with these.
- To take part in staff meetings and training, as required by FOLD.
- To carry out regular checks throughout the night duty period on the building, with particular reference to security of premises and fire precautions.
- To ensure staff keep a safe environment around their work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property.
All FOLD employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status or disability.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of the Association’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
FOLD operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’
|1.0||EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION|
|1.1||Good general level of education to Leaving Certificate standard||P|
|1.2||Recognised Caring qualification eg FETAC Level 5 or NCVA Level 2||P|
|1.3||Experience of working with the elderly in a residential setting||P|
|2.0||SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|2.1||Good communication skills – oral and written||P|
|2.2||Experience of personal hygiene tasks||P|
|3.1||Awareness and understanding of the care needs of older people||P|
|3.2||Awareness and understanding of care planning||P|
|3.3||Knowledge of Key Worker system||P|
|3.4||Awareness of requirements of Registration and Inspection||P|
|3.5||Knowledge of EMI||P|
|3.6||Awareness of Health and Safety Issues||P|
|3.7||Knowledge of the custody and control of medication||P|
|4.1||Ability to tolerate stressful situations||P|
|5.1||Applications only accepted from over 18 year olds||P|
- Closing Date: 25/01/2023 5:00 pm
- Directorate: Care Services
- Location: Anam Cara HwC, St Canices Road, Finglas, Dublin 11
- Reference: CAN.FH.0123
- Hours: 24 per week