Job Title: Care Assistant Days
Department: Care Services
Responsible to: Scheme Manager
- To assist in meeting the personal needs of residents.
- To participate in the day-to-day activities of the Home.
- To help promote resident participation in the life of the Home.
- To undertake primary tasks in the organizing and managing of an activities programme for residents and as directed by The Scheme Manager or Senior Staff.
Summary of Duties
- To be aware of the “package” of care which is tailored to meet the individual resident’s needs, both physically and mentally, and to react accordingly.
- To give residents the option to participate in household duties, including meal preparation.
- To assist those residents who require help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toileting.
- To help residents with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. To help in the use and care of aids and other personal equipment.
- To attend to those residents temporarily ill, who need bed nursing.
- To help care for residents who are dying.
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms, empty commodes.
- To inspect, launder and mend residents’ clothing.
- To set tables or trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help.
- To answer emergency calls and the telephone, and also welcome visitors.
- To discuss with, and encourage relatives to take part in the activities relating to both individual residents and the Home.
- To assist in the facilitating of mental and physical activities in residents, by taking part in the activities and assisting in the organisation of nights out, trips etc.
- To read and write reports, take part in staff and residents’ meetings and also in training activities.
- To undertake other duties as designated by the Manager.
- To ensure staff keep a safe environment around their work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property.
- To answer emergency calls, carrying out such action as is required, and where necessary, seeking assistance and guidance from the senior member of staff on duty.
- To undertake domestic duties as directed by the Scheme Manager.
- To take part in staff meetings and training, as required by FOLD.
- To ensure staff keep a safe environment around their work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property
FOLD has carried out a risk assessment into the duties performed by a Care Assistant and as such deems this post to be unsuitable for persons under the age of 18.
All FOLD employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status or disability.
This Job Description may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of FOLD’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
FOLD operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy
FOLD HOUSING ASSOCIATION
|1.0||EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION|
|1.1||Good general level of education to Leaving Certificate standard||P|
|1.2||Recognised Caring qualification eg FETAC Level 5 or NCVA Level 2||P|
|1.3||Experience of working with the elderly in a residential setting||P|
|2.0||SKILLS AND ABILITIES|
|2.1||Good communication skills – oral and written||P|
|2.2||Experience of personal hygiene tasks||P|
|3.1||Awareness and understanding of the care needs of older people||P|
|3.2||Awareness and understanding of care planning||P|
|3.3||Knowledge of Key Worker system||P|
|3.4||Awareness of requirements of Registration and Inspection||P|
|3.5||Knowledge of EMI||P|
|3.6||Awareness of Health and Safety Issues||P|
|3.7||Knowledge of the custody and control of medication||P|
|4.1||Ability to tolerate stressful situations||P|
|5.1||Applications only accepted from over 18 year olds||P|
- Closing Date: 26/06/2022 5:00 pm
- Directorate: Scheme Manager / Senior Care worker
- Location: Anam Cara Housing with Care , St Canices Road , Ballygall, Dublin 11
- Reference: CAD.FH.0622
- Hours: 36 per fortnight
- Salary: €27,118-€32,018 on a pro rata basis.