|1. To be responsible for an effective preparing and serving of meals to the Housing with Care residents.
2. To ensure HACCP standard are met at all times throughout the working day.
3. To assist the cook in turning around meals promptly.
Summary of Duties
- To assist in the preparation and serving of meals, ensuring high standards of food presentation are met.
- To be aware of and comply with Health and Safety requirements in the kitchen.
- To clean and wash up.
- To ensure the efficient, hygienic and safe use of the kitchen equipment.
- To participate in staff meetings and in training activities, as required.
- To deputise for the cook in his/her absence.
- Any other duties as may be specified from time to time by management staff.
- To ensure staff keep a safe environment around their work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property.
FOLD has carried out a risk assessment into the duties performed by a Care Assistant and as such deems this post to be unsuitable for persons under the age of 18.
All FOLD employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status or disability.
This Job Description may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of FOLD’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
FOLD operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’
- Closing Date: 21/02/2024 5:00 pm
- Directorate: Care Scheme
- Location: Dublin 15
- Reference: AC.CF.0224
- Hours: 30