- The job holder is required to work as part of an established team to ensure the effective co-ordination, implementation and management of a project from inception to handover and final closure.
- The Development Team act with the highest levels of agency and accountability and operate within a defined performance culture. This performance culture is characterised by open honest communication within the Team environment, a clear heirarcy and clarity of direction.
- The nature of the work is such that decisions are often required, that direct supervision operates at a minimum level and the post holder should be able to work independently, discreetly, show initiative, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- This job description may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of FOLD’s activities following consultation with the job holder.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Development and Development Manager to formulate and prioritise the Association’s development programme in line with Fold’s strategic objectives for consideration, approval and implementation.
- Assist in all aspects of control and supervision of projects within the development process.
- Negotiate, liaise and communicate effectively with all clients, contractors, internal cuistomers and external stakeholders. Participate as directed in representative forums and working parties.
- Analyse the need for housing provision and prepare project applications, etc. (e.g. surveys, briefs, valuations, economic investment appraisals).
- Co-ordinate as directed the process of scheme design, detailed design, preparation of contract documentation, planning negotiations and applications.
- Seek building cost estimates and preparation of financial profiles for total project expenditure.
- Initiate as directed, site or project acquisitions and monitor progress of individual transactions to the highest level of accountability and detail.
- Initiate action (under supervision) to invite and accept tenders. Prepare/select lists of contractors for approval.
- Ensure proper tendering procedures are carried out. Assist in the analysis of all tenders received. Co-ordinate provision of insurance’s and warranty cover for new developments.
- Monitor consultants to ensure that the brief is met, costs contained and that FOLD’s optimum standards are maintained. Record and review consultant performance.
- Protect FOLD’s interest by regular review and assessment of contract performance, expenditure and quality. Monitor and record contractor performance.
- Liaise with and advise Clerks of Works when required. Attend individual meetings or site meetings as directed. Coordinate technical resources internally and externally to ensure projects are appropriately managed and monitored.
- Monitor defects in conjunction with other development or housing staff arising during or after Defects Liability Period.
- Operate and maintain Development Department procedures and systems in line regulation, procurement, and external Agency auditing requirements.
- Attend Public meetings as and when required. (These meetings may be held outside normal Office hours).
- Contribute to the work of other FOLD Departments as required in pursuance of specific objectives.
- Contribute to the overall efficiency of the Development Department by positively promoting all aspects of the service.
- Keep a safe environment around their work area, to report maintenance problems swiftly and to ensure their behaviour and actions do not endanger people or property.
- Producing invitations and project management of official openings/launch events for Fold Housing schemes
- Maintain and update databases of all key contacts for particular events/notification or for PR purposes
- Arrange, facilitate and confirm updates across multiple media including video and marketing materials/publicity to ICSH and Fold Housing for inclusion in strategic maketing campaigns and other communications
- Maintain a database of photos for publicity purposese and liaise directly with media outlets
- To maintain and update database and other systems records for professionl indemity insurance, tax exeption, site regulation, select lists and constructiononline etc.
- Assist in the preperation of submissions, expressions of interest and RFI for new development projects
- Maintain and update database of all key contacts fir particular events/notification or for PR purposes
All FOLD Housing employees have a personal responsibility to promote and to support measures designed to create a working environment that is free from harassment or discrimination on the grounds of religion, community background, gender, marital status, or disability.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be amended to facilitate changes in the better organisation of the Association’s activities and following consultation with the Job Holder.
FOLD Housing operates a ‘No Smoking on the Premises Policy’
Successful applicants will be required to complete a Garda Vetting form (NV1). Having a criminal conviction will not necessarily debar an applicant from working with Fold Housing . Disclosure information will be handled in line with the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Adults) Acts 2012-2016.
Job Specification – Development Officer – Table
|Skills & Abilities|
|Able to meet targets and manage time||P|
|Access to a car or ability to undertake the mobility requirements of this post||P|
|Good Project Management Skills||P|
|Ability to work as part of a team||P|
|Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work||P|
|Ability to prepare feasibility reports||P|
|Understanding of drawings and contract documentation||P|
|Ability to prepare and maintain a risk register||P|
|Able to show initiative, enthusiasm, flexibility and able to work independently when required||P|
Experience and Education
|Minimum of QQI Level 7 in a related discipline
Minimum 2 years experience in the Housing/Property Development or Project Management sector
|Minimum 2 years experience of project management||P|
|Previous experience in the delivery of Housing projects||P|
|IPA Certificate or Professional Diploma in Housing Studies or equivalent||P|
|Working knowledge of EU Procurement/OGP Guidance/CWMF||P|
|Working knowledge of preparation of cash flows and economic appraisals||P|
|Working knowledge of financial monitoring and reporting||P|
|Demonstrable knowledge of the building/development process||P|
|Knowledge of framework contracts||P|
- Closing Date: 20/02/2023 5:00 pm
- Directorate: Development
- Location: Block A, The Crescent Building, Northwood Office Campus, Santry, Dublin 9
- Reference: DO.FH.0123
- Hours: 37 per week
- Salary: €43,872-€51,067